2nd International Conference on Geographies of Children, Youth And Families: 'Diverse childhoods in international contexts: gender and other social and cultural differences'
The conference is the second of a bi-annual international conference series that has been prompted by the current international vitality of geographies of children, young people and families. The aim of the conference is to provide a forum for the exchange of different knowledges, ideas and experiences from researchers and practitioners working in variety of international contexts and disciplinary fields, who are interested in exploring and advancing any aspect of geographies of children, youth and families.
Themes to be explored could include, without being limited to:
* Children and young people in their families and households from a gender perspective.
* Inter-subjective relationships and the construction of child/youthful subjects.
* Children's mobilities and migrations.
* The experiences of children and young people who are particularly 'othered', such as those with disabilities, mental ill-health and socio-emotional differences;
* Children and young people's emotional geographies/geographies of affect.
*Public policies and children's participation. a.o.
More broadly, the conference is designed to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and networking between researchers interested in any field of geographies of children, young people and families. Papers are invited that detail any aspect thereof. Abstracts (max. 200 words) should be sent to Maria Prats Ferret (Maria.Prats@uab.cat) by 30th January 2009. A number of travel bursaries are available to support postgraduate researchers and scholars or practitioners with limited resources to attend the conference.