13th ISPCAN European Regional Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect
The Conference theme is "Protecting Children in a Changing World" Delegates will have opportunities to discuss the current state of research and interventions on CAN in Europe and internationally, discuss new challenges and emerging topics and help shape national and international responses.
The organising committee is made up of clinicians, practitioners and academics drawn from across the island of Ireland and Europe. Dublin last hosted an ISPCAN event (the 11th International Congress) in 1996.
The conference theme is "Protecting Children in a Changing World" and includes the following sub-themes:
- Prevention of child abuse and neglect through early and sustained involvement
- Interventions and programmes for children and families experiencing adversity
- Addressing children’s rights and participation
- Reforms in child protection and welfare policy
- Children in out of home care
- Building the evidence base
- Contemporary issues
Further details on the call for abstracts and the scientific and social programmes will appear at: http://www.ispcan.org/event/Dublin2013.
The official language of the conference will be English, but French and Spanish language abstracts are welcome and we plan to have French and Spanish speaking sessions at the conference – details are on the Abstract Submission pages.