Call For Papers: The Modern Child and the Flexible Labour Market
This international conference will explore early childhood education and care in contexts of modern childhood, the welfare state and the flexible labour market. It is organized by the Norwegian Centre for Child Research and is taking place in Trondheim, 29 - 30 April 2009. Deadline for submission of abstracts is 1 December 2008.
Proposals for single papers and thematic panels (featuring three or four papers on a
common theme) are welcomed. The conference language will be English. Potential topics may include:
1. Child care, welfare policy and working life
2. Kindergarten, childhood and nature
3. Young children as new citizens?
4. Kindergarten as a space for play and learning
5. Toddlers in child care institutions
6. Material culture in child care institutions
7. Gender, ethnicity and learning: inclusion and diversity
8. Media, consumption and child culture
December 1, 2008: Submission of abstracts (for more information about the abstract format see
In the case of panel proposals, chairs should gather abstracts (3-4 per panel) and submit these
with an overall rationale.
Information about where to submit your abstract and other information about the conference will
be available on noseb webpage: http://www.svt.ntnu.no/noseb/english/research/prosjekter/BHP/
We strongly encourage you to regularly click into this webpage to receive updates.
The conference will be held at the Britannia Hotel, Trondheim.
Norwegian Centre for Child Research
Tel: +47 73 59 62 40/41
Fax: +47 73 59 62 39
Format for the abstract - please click on the above link to confirm with the guidelines