Consultancy Assignment: Consultant to conduct a Situation Analysis (SitAn) of Children in Occupied Palestinian Territories
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultant to Conduct a human rights-based equity-focused and gender-sensitive and child-focused Situation Analysis (SitAn) of Children in Occupied Palestinian Territories.
Deadline: September 7th 2012
Please see Terms of Reference
• Master’s degree in the social sciences (sociology, anthropology, development studies), Economics/Statistics or related fields relevant for the assignment
• At least 5 years of research and other relevant professional experience
• In-depth knowledge of child rights including the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), World Fit for Children (WFFC), and the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
• Institutional knowledge of the UN and UNICEF
• Excellent facilitation and coordination skills
• Knowledge and Demonstrated experience with Human Rights Based Approach to Programming (HRBAP)
• Proven experience in writing analytical papers on children and gender issues;
• Fluency in Arabic and English.
• Access throughout oPt (Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza)
• The consultant will be asked to submit 2 samples of previous similar work produced and at least 3 references.
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please submit a cover letter, CV, and signed P11 formto jerusalemhrvacancies@UNICEF.org by 7 September 2012. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.