Bloorview Research Institute: Pursuit Award in Childhood Disability - 2013
The Bloorview Research Institute at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital is pleased to present the Pursuit Award. The award recognizes PhD students for their outstanding achievements in childhood disability research.
The Pursuit Award Ceremony will take place in the spring 2013 at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital; the top ranked applicants will present their work at a special symposium. Selection of first, second and third place will be made at the award ceremony.
- Post-doctoral trainees and recent alumni who have defended a PhD thesis in the area of applied or clinical research specifically linked to childhood disability are eligible for consideration;
- Student must have successfully defended their doctoral thesis in the past three calendar years (2010, 2011, 2012);
- Student must have at least one paper in print or in press resulting from the thesis.
Up to three prizes will be awarded in any year (First Prize: $7,500; Second Prize: $2,500; Third Prize: $1,000).
Travel and accommodation costs to present at the award ceremony will be covered by Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital.
The application package must include:
- Brief biographical sketch of candidate (1/2 page);
- current curriculum vitae of applicant (3 page maximum);
- thesis title and abstract;
- list of all publications arising from thesis (in print or in press);
- up to three preprints or reprints (include a description of contribution by applicants for each publication);
- 3 letters of support- commenting on quality of research contributions to date;
- letter of support from supervisor, describing why thesis is deemed an outstanding contribution to the field and why the student should be considered for the award; and
- completion of Pursuit Award Supervisor evaluation form (to be attached to letter of support from supervisor)
Go to the Website for more information: http://www.hollandbloorview.ca/research/pursuit/
Please submit 6 copies of the application materials to:
Pursuit Award in Childhood Disability
Bloorview Research Institute
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
150 Kilgour Road
The nominations must be received by: February 1, 2013, 5 p.m. EST.
Candidates will be notified of the decision within two months. The award ceremony will be held in the spring 2013.
The Selection Committee consists of six members, including: Vice President, Research (Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital); one external scientist of international renown; one scientist from the Bloorview Research Institute; one Graduate Student from the Bloorview Research Institute; and Vice President, Medicine and Academic Affairs. The selection criteria used to select the top three PhD Theses will be based on significance of research results; methodologic rigour; empirical content; and impact on childhood disability care.