Call for Abstracts: Genital Autonomy 2014 "Whole Bodies, Whole Selves: Activating Social Change".
The National Organization of Circumcision Information Resource Centers (USA), Intact America, Genital Autonomy (UK and Australia), and the Sexpo Foundation (Finland) present the 13th International Symposium on Genital Autonomy and Children’s Rights at the University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, USA. Date July 24-26, 2014
The International Symposia on Genital Autonomy and Children’s Rights promote interdisciplinary dialogue about genital cutting practices of male, female, and intersex children, and on strategies for protecting children from medically unnecessary genital alteration. The Symposia offer an informational and practical platform for effecting social change and are designed to be of interest to legal, medical, and mental health professionals; scholars, educators, and students; policy makers and the media; activists and the general public.
Abstracts are currently being accepted for 20-minute plenary presentations. We welcome presentations in the areas of:
• genital alteration of male, female, and intersex infants and children
• medicine, anatomy, sexuality
• psychology, sociology, anthropology
• religion, history
• law, ethics, human rights
• activism and social change
The deadline for abstract submission is December 15, 2013. Submitters will be notified of the status of their submission by February 15, 2014.
Each submission must include:
• Author’s name and contact information (email, telephone, mailing address).
• Author’s biography of 100 words or less, including degrees/credentials and current affiliations, for use in the Program and Syllabus of Abstracts.
• Title of presentation.
• Abstract of 150 words or less.
Please email your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2013.
The Call for Abstracts, with full details on how to submit, is available online at: www.genitalautonomy2014.com (more information on registration and program to be posted later). You can find more information on the programs of previous Symposia at http://nocirc.org/symposia. The presenters’ papers will be published in an e-journal by Springer publishing.