European Journal of Social Work Call for Papers: Travelling Knowledge in Social Work
This special issue of European Journal of Social Work aims to explore the interactive ways in which knowledge flows in the social professions – from one country to another, from one organisation to another and between practice and academic settings. Read the full call for papers
Deadline for Submission of Abstracts: 24th March 2013
This special issue aims to explore the interactive ways in which knowledge flows in the social professions – from one country to another, from one organisation to another and between practice and academic settings - in areas such as:
• who or what are the key carriers of knowledge;
• the sources from which influential knowledge have been derived;
• the conditions and contradictions surrounding the seeking and receiving of knowledge in different contexts;
• the shaping and re-shaping of knowledge, including the barriers and filters that operate; and,
• the narratives that construct, transmit and exclude knowledge.
The guest editors welcome contributions that advance theoretical perspectives on international knowledge transfer and/or discuss findings from empirical studies.
The guest editors invite you to send abstracts to them at the following e-mail address:
firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th March 2013 for consideration. Decisions on the commissioning of articles will be made by 1st May 2013. Articles will be submitted by 1st September 2013 for peer review prior to decisions on publication.