Network of European Foundations (NEF) is recruiting a new Programme Manager
NEF is recruiting a new Programme Manager for the initiative Children and Violence Evaluation Challenge Fund.
Deadline for submission: 21 st April 2013 .
The Children and Violence Evaluation Challenge Fund is a grant-making initiative hosted by the Network of European Foundations (NEF) and funded by organizations of the philanthropic sector, including Bernard Van Leer Foundation, Oak Foundation and UBS Optimus Foundation. The initiative aims at reducing violence against children by funding rigorous evaluations of violence prevention and child protection programmes in low- and middle-income countries. These evaluations will contribute to expand the evidence base and inform better programmes and policies to eradicate violence from the lives of children.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for the management and operational coordination of the programme. S/he will implement and follow-up on the operational aspects of the Fund’s programme work. S/he will report to the Steering Committee of the Fund (composed by representatives of the donors) and will work under the supervision of the NEF Executive Director. The position is based in the NEF office in Brussels.
- Programme Management (planning, coordination, monitoring, evaluation and reporting)
- Participate in the overall strategic planning process and programme design development;
- Implement all programme activities, as planned and agreed with the Steering Committee;
- Coordinate and convene meetings/conference calls/ consultations with the Steering Committee, the experts of the Advisory Group, the grantees and any other stakeholder, as necessary;
- Prepare periodic reports (both narrative and financial) and any other submission requested by the donors;
- Oversee the Fund’s accounting, prepare budgets and monitor expenditures;
- Coordinate and support the internal strategic learning process, as well as a possible external evaluation exercise of the initiative (meta-evaluation).
- Grant-making and grantees follow up
- Coordinate the grant-making component of the Fund in all its phases, from the definition of the scope of the calls for proposals to the coordination of the selection process and the grant agreement finalization;
- Supervise and oversee the administrative follow-up of the grants (including payments and grantee’s periodic reporting);
- Act as the Fund’s contact person for the grantees and support the grantees as needed (administrative support, capacity strengthening mechanisms etc..).
- Communication and dissemination
- Develop/refine the communication strategy of the Fund and follow-up on its implementation, ensuring a coordinated approach in collaboration with the grantees and the donors;
- Maintain and update on a regular basis the main on-line communication tools (website, social media, mailing list) and produce basic communication material (briefs, articles, leaflets, newsletters etc..) as required by the programme activities;
- Act as communication focal point for the Fund, maintaining contacts with key stakeholders for strategic alliances and representing the Fund at conferences and meetings, as required.
- Work experience in at least two of the three critical areas the Fund’s programme activities, namely i) child protection/violence prevention, ii) evaluation and/or iii) communication;
- Successful track record of relevant professional experience in low- and middle-income countries;
- Excellent organizational skills, esp. in the coordination of diverse stakeholders (including high level experts or senior managers) and in grant management;
- Able to work with minimal supervision, developing new ideas and demonstrating initiative
- Demonstrable excellent communication, analytical and writing skills;
- Good written and oral English is essential. French and/or Spanish desirable;
- Good IT skills, preferably with basic knowledge of website management.
- Belgian contract for one year (with possibilities of extension)
- Monthly gross salary: 3.000 EUR
- Benefits: hospitalisation insurance and lunch vouchers
- Desired start date: mid May/June 2013.
Please send your CV and cover letter to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission: 21st April 2013.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more information: