Child Workers in Asia
CWA is a network of over seventy eight organisations and child workers' groups who are at the heart of actions against child labour exploitation in Asia. CWA partner organisations operate in: Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and Hong Kong. As experience develops, more countries can be expected to join the network.
Program Objectives (2007-2012):
1. To advocate and monitor the ratification and implementation of all international conventions and standards on the elimination of child labour.
2. To lobby and monitor the implementation of government’s commitment to Education for All (EFA).
3. To lobby for laws that addresses the worst forms of child labour.
4. To protect children in armed conflict.
5. To institutionalize children’s participation.
6. To build the capacity of the network.
7. To strengthen cooperation of civil society.
Bonded Child Labour
Child Domestic Work
Internally Migrant and Trafficked Children
Education and Child Labour
Children Working in Agriculture
Children in Armed Conflict with focus on Children as Zone of Peace
Mainstreaming Children’s Participation
Research, Documentation and Information Dissemination (RDID)
See Child Workers in Asia Newsletter as well as other publications.
Child Workers in Asia Foundation
120/16 Soi Sukumvit 23
Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
P. O. Box 26, Srinakharinwirot Post Office
Bangkok 10117, Thailand
Tel: ++662 662 3866 – 8
Fax: ++662 261 2339
E-mail: cwanet [at] csloxinfo.com