Childwatch International interacts and collaborates with researchers, IGOs and NGOs working on issues related to child deprivation and exclusion.
Childwatch Projects and Activities
- Impact of Poverty and Social Exclusion on Children’s Lives and their Well-being, International Workshop, hosted by the European Centre for Social Welfare Policy Research in Vienna, 8 - 9 September 2008
- Rethinking Poverty and Children in the New Millennium: Linking Research and Policy; Workshop on Child Poverty, Norway, September 2007
- Children’s Experiences with Poverty and Social Exclusion—Challenges for Research and Policies; Workshop hosted by the European Centre for Social Welfare Policy Research in Vienna, June 2007
- Establishment of Research Network on Child Poverty
- Collaboration with CROP
Other research resources
- Approaches to Equity: Current Theories and Practices on Equity for Children by Equity for Children
- Blog of Research Network on Child Poverty
- Blog on Global Study on Child Poverty and Disparities
- CHIP - Childhood Poverty Research and Policy Centre - While the funded phase of the CHIP programme is now over, this resource for policy makers, practitioners and activists concerned about childhood poverty contains policy briefings, research reports, photos, case studies and links on a wide range of issues related to childhood poverty.
- Chronic Poverty Amid Growth: Insights from Long-Term Poverty Trajectories: Young Lives Working Paper 84 2012
- Closing the gap between rights and realities for children and youth in urban Brazil: Reflections on a Brazilian project to improve policies for street children 2011
- Eldis resource guide on Child Poverty
- Eldis resource page on Cash Transfers
- Information resources for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- The International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth - One Pagers.
- ‘Measuring Multidimensional Poverty: Insights from Around the World‘ brochure which features case studies on how the Alkire Foster method of measuring multidimensional poverty has been adapted and applied in Colombia, Mexico, Bhutan, China, El Salvador, Malaysia and Minas Gerais in Brazil, among others.
- South African Child Gauge 2012
- Towards Action against Child Poverty in Africa, Third International Policy Conference on the African Child
Global Theme Issue on Poverty and Human Development — October 22, 2007. The Council of Science Editors organised this international collaboration of 235 journals from developed and developing countries.
October 22 NIH/CSE Global Theme Issue Event — Web cast available
Research Institutions and Networks
- The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) is a network of 59 affiliated professors around the world who are united by their use of Randomized Evaluations (REs) to answer questions critical to poverty alleviation. J-PAL's mission is to reduce poverty by ensuring that policy is based on scientific evidence
- Caribbean Child Development Centre Consortium for Social Development and Research University of the West Indies Jamaica
- The Brooks World Poverty Institute at the University of Manchester is an international centre of excellence established to create and share knowledge to end poverty, in both North and South, and to shape policies that deliver real gains for people in poverty.
- Centre for Family Research, University of Cambridge England
- Child Poverty Network
- Child Poverty Action Group
- Child Poverty Research and Policy Centre
- Children's Research Centre, Trinity College Ireland
- CINDE, The International Center for Education and Human Development Colombia
- Chronic Poverty Research Centre, University of Manchester, UK
- Comparative Research Programme on Poverty (CROP), University of Bergen, Norway
- Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (Codesria) Senegal
- Equity for Children, The New School, USA
- Equidad para la Infancia
- Faculty of Health and Social Studies, University of South Bohemia Czech Republic
- Institute of Children and Poverty
- Institute on Family and Neighborhood Life, Clemson University USA
- International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth (IPC IG) - Brazil
- Joseph Rowentree Foundation: Child Poverty
- Myers-Joint-Brookdale Institute Israel
- NOVA - Norwegian Social Research Norway
- Social Justice and Social Change Research Centre (SJSC) University of Western Sydney Australia
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Bombay India
- The Children's Institute, University of Cape Town South Africa
- The International Center for Research and Policy on Childhood (CIESPI) Brazil
- UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre Italy
- Young Lives, University of Oxford, UK
IGO and NGO resources
- World Development Report 2000-2001 - Attacking Poverty: Overview (World Bank)
State of the World's Children 2007: Women and Children, The double dividend of gender equality
December 2006 examines the discrimination and disempowerment women face throughout their lives - and outlines what must be done to eliminate gender discrimination and empower women and girls. The report argues that investment in women's rights will ultimately produce a double dividend: advancing the rights of both women and children.