- The rights of the child to health and a safe environment (Former CWI Project)
- Norwegian Forum for Research and Child Rights
Reports & articles based on research collaboration within the Childwatch network
- International Models of Child Participation in Family Law Proceedings following Parental Separation / Divorce International Journal of Children’s Rights 20 (2012) 645–673. - This academic publication came out of the Childwatch International Child and Law Project Study group by authors: Nicola Taylor, Robyn Fitzgerald, Tamar Morag, Asha Bajpai and Anne Graham.
Other research resources
- South African Child Gauge Six publications by the Children's Institute in South Africa to monitor and report on the situation of children in South Africa and track progress in realising their rights. It's a r esource for government decision-makers, donors, civil society and the news media.
- Eldis Useful links to policy research organisations within the child rights field. A number of interesting reports on questions connected to children, childhood and development can be downloaded from the site
- Approaches to Equity: Current Theories and Practices on Equity for Children - 'Approaches to Equity' by Equity for Children aims to push forward the important agenda of children's rights and equity, especially in light of the post-2015 Millennium Development Goals agenda.
- List of research papers, reports and articles on Child Rights from British Library for Development Studies
- LIst of Journals and Bulletins on Children's Rights
Research Institutions and Networks
- European Network of Masters in Children's Rights brings together universities and other organizations involved in the promotion of the Rights of the Child, through the training of professionals working in the field of childhood (external link)
- The Children's Rights Knowledge Centre Belgium
- Interamerican Children's Institute - Instituto Interamericano del Niño Uruguay
- Centre for Children & Young People, Southern Cross University Australia
- NOVA - Norwegian Social Research Norway
- Social Justice and Social Change Research Centre (SJSC) University of Western Sydney Australia
- Children's Issues Centre, University of Otago New Zealand
- Myers-Joint-Brookdale Institute Israel
- Research Program on Infancy and Childhood, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana Mexico
- Fundación Paniamor Costa Rica
- CINDE, The International Center for Education and Human Development Colombia
- The International Center for Research and Policy on Childhood (CIESPI) Brazil
- Equity for Children
- Caribbean Child Development Centre Consortium for Social Development and Research University of the West Indies Jamaica
- Unicef - Innocenti Research Centre Italy
- Norwegian Centre for Child Research (NOSEB) Norway
- Faculty of Health and Social Studies, University of South Bohemia Czech Republic
- Department of Social Work - Charles University Prague Czech Republic
- The Catalan Interdisciplinary Research Network on Children's Rights and Children's Quality of Life (X.C.I.I.I.) Spain
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Bombay India
- The Children's Institute, University of Cape Town South Africa
- Institute on Family and Neighborhood Life, Clemson University USA
IGO and NGO resources
- Committee on the Rights of the Child
- Status of ratification, Reservations and declarations
- NGO group for the Convention on the Rights of the Child
- The African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child
- Eurochild - European network for the quality of life of children
- Human Rights Watch - Children's Rights Division
- Integrated Regional Information Networks (IRIN) - UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) News on Children
- Society for the Protection of the Rights of the Child (SPARC), Pakistan is a civil society organization specializing in advocacy on child rights, supported by awareness raising, research, capacity building and service delivery.
- International Institute on the Rights of the Child- Switzerland - supports the UN CRC and its principal international instruments related to the rights of the child: penal law , civil law, labour laws, sexual exploitation or children involved in conflict.
- The International Bureau for Children's Rights (IBCR) Canada is an international NGO which is active with different parts of the UN. including the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child, through its Secretariat.
- Crin - Rights based programming. Includes a collection of key publications on rights-based programming, plus links, announcements and events.
- ENOC European Network of Ombudspersons for Children encourages the fullest possible implementation of the Convention on the Rights of the child, to support collective lobbying for children’s rights, to share information, approaches and strategies, and to promote the development of effective independent offices for children.
- The Children's Legal Centre, UK - undertakes research and consultancy in the areas of children’s rights, child law and policy as well as offering many other services. It also develops projects worldwide in many areas.
The African Child Information Hub is a platform developed by The African Child Policy Forum (ACPF) for the exchange and dissemination of information and networking among organisations, experts and advocates for the rights and welfare of the child.
Child Responsive Accountability 2013 report
- Convention on the Rights of the Child (1989)
- Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the sale of children, child prostitution and child pornography (2000)
- Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the Involvement of Children in Armed Conflict (2000)
- UNHCR Guidelines on Determining the Best Interests of the Child - (2007)
- African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (1990)
- African Youth Charter (2006)
- Recommendation 874 (1979) on a European Charter on the Rights of the Child
- European Convention on the Exercise of Children's Rights (1996)