INCHES - International Network on Children's Health, Environment & Safety
INCHES - the International Research and Information Network on Children's Health, Environment and Safety is a global network of people and organisations interested in promoting the protection of children from environmental and safety hazards. INCHES is a former Childwatch International project.
The mission of INCHES is to promote healthy and supportive environments that protects the fetus and child from environmental and safety hazards.
Partners from all regions of the world will work together within the framework of the network to achieve the following goals:
1. Increase understanding of and accord on how environmental factors influence child health
2. Create a global clearinghouse of research and information on children's environmental health
3. Educate and facilitate information exchange on the best practices and policies in children's environmental health;
4. Identify information gaps and stimulate to new research; and
5. Advocate for children's environmental health in the intergovernmental arena.
More information is available on the INCHES web site.