- Thematic group on Child Friendly Cities and Communities
- Inches (Former Project)
- Thematic group on Rural Childhood
Other research resources
- Literature review on rural childhood
- Child, Youth, Environments Journal is a leading publication for the latest news on children, youth and their environments. Endorsed by UN-Habitat it is an online resource with news feeds, articles, forums and book reviews.
- Climate Change and Urban Children Impacts and implications for adaptation in low- and middle-income countries by Sheridan Bartlett August 2008
- CLIMATE CHANGE AND CHILDREN: A HUMAN SECURITY CHALLENGE - The study by UNICEF Innocenti Centre reviews the implications of climate change for children and future generations, drawing on relevant experiences in different sectors and countries of promoting child rights and well-being
- Eldis Resource Guide on Children, Climate Change and Disasters - Produced in collaboration with the Plan / ESRC funded project, Children in a Changing Climate.
- IDS in Focus Briefing 13: Children in a Changing Climate - Lessons from Research and Practice - This briefing introduces some of the critical issues and areas of action for children in a changing climate. It captures the learning from research and practice by the Children in a Changing Climate coalition.
Research Institutions and Networks
- Children in a Changing Climate is a global action-research, advocacy and learning programme, bringing together leading research and development organisations. Website includes resources such as a list of research themes, resource videos and publications
- The Mary Robinson Foundation - Climate Justice is a centre for thought leadership, education and advocacy on the struggle to secure global justice for those many victims of climate change who are usually forgotten - the poor, the disempowered and the marginalised across the world.
- International Institute for Environment and Development has a thematic page on urban children and adolescents. Includes links to available research publications and journals.
IGO and NGO resources
- Child Friendly Cities Website
- Child Friendly Asia Pacific
- CRIN Review 22: Children's Right to the City
- Food and Agriculture Organisation for the United Nations - Rural Youth includes all the latest publications on themes relating to rural youth, reports on rural youth development projects, country reports, seminar and conference papers and presentations, events and stories.
- Today’s Youth – Tomorrow’s Wealth: International Leadership Workshop for Rural Youth The International Workshop is aimed at qualifying leaders from all around the
world, on a regional and national level, for a responsible and sustainable rural development and thus at improving the quality of life of young people in rural areas.
- A Right To Participate: Securing Children's Role in Climate Change Adaption by Children in a Changing Climate
Feeling the Heat: Child Survival in a Changing Climate by Save the Children
Children on the Frontline: Children and Young People in Disaster Risk Reduction by Plan International and World Vision
- UN: Our Climate, Our Children, Our Responsibility: The implications of climate change for the world's children by Unicef UK
- UN Habitat
Published Sep. 26, 2008 3:28 PM - Last modified May 21, 2013 11:13 AM