Children with Disabilities
- State of the World's Children 2013: Children with Disabilities: The report examines the barriers – from inaccessible buildings to dismissive attitudes, from invisibility in official statistics to vicious discrimination – that deprive children with disabilities of their rights and keep them from participating fully in society. It also lays out some of the key elements of inclusive societies that respect and protect the rights of children with disabilities, adequately support them and their families, and nurture their abilities – so that they may take advantage of opportunities to flourish and make their contribution to the world.
- Newsletter from La Sierra Madre: Newsletter of Health Wrights. This newsletter comes out 2 to 3 times a year. It contains essays and observations on community based health and disaility initiatives in Mexico and many parts of the world. It also includes "situational analyses" and discussions concerning the politics of health at the micro and macro levels. Many of the groundbreaking articles that first appear in this newsletter are picked up and republished in other magazines and journals.
- Research Project: Issues in Research with Children with Disabilities The Children's Research Center, Trinity College Dublin.
Research Institutions and Networks
- CANCHILD: Centre for Childhood Disability Research
- Center on Human Policy, Law and Disability Studies Syracuse University
- Centre on Disability Studies, University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Research Program on Infancy and Childhood, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana Mexico
- The International Center for Research and Policy on Childhood (CIESPI) Brazil
- Caribbean Child Development Centre Consortium for Social Development and Research University of the West Indies Jamaica
- Unicef - Innocenti Research Centre Italy
- Children's Research Centre, Trinity College Ireland
- Department of Social Work - Charles University Prague Czech Republic
- Centre for Family Research, University of Cambridge, UK England
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Bombay India
- The Children's Institute, University of Cape Town South Africa
IGO and NGO resources
- United Nations Enable
- UNESCO's page on Inclusive Education: Children with Disabilities: This page includes links to guidelines, tools and resources.
- Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Bernardo's, UK
- CRIN's Desk on the rights of children with disabilities
- Health Wrights: Workgroup for People's Health and Rights
- Dutch Coalition on Disability and Development
- Rehabilitation International: Advancing the Rights and Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities Worldwide
- Disabled People's International
- Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (2007)
- Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and its Optional Protocol
- Ad Hoc Committee on a Comprehensive and Integral International Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Rights and Dignity of Persons with Disabilities
Published Sep 26, 2008 03:27 PM - Last modified May 30, 2013 12:42 PM