Other research resources
- Insights - Education Research - Articles on education research published on Insights hosted by the Institute of Development Studies
- DFID Human Development Centre
Research Institutions and Networks
- Early Childhood Development Virtual University is an innovative and multi-faceted approach to addressing Early Childhood Development (ECD) leadership needs in the Majority World
- Association for the Development of Education in Africa (ADEA) Network of education professionals, practitioners and researchers and a forum for policy dialogue on education policies.
- National Foundation for Educational Research (NfER) is the UK's leading independent educational research organisation and seeks to improve education and training nationally and internationally by providing high quality, evidence based information for policy makers, managers and practitioners.
- Interamerican Children's Institute - Instituto Interamericano del Niño Uruguay
- Research Program on Infancy and Childhood, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana Mexico
- CINDE, The International Center for Education and Human Development Colombia
- The International Center for Research and Policy on Childhood (CIESPI) Brazil
- Caribbean Child Development Centre Consortium for Social Development and Research University of the West Indies Jamaica
- Children's Rights Centre, University of Ghent Belgium
- Children's Research Centre, Trinity College Ireland
- Norwegian Centre for Child Research (NOSEB) Norway
- Faculty of Health and Social Studies, University of South Bohemia Czech Republic
- Centre for Family Research, University of Cambridge, UK England
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Bombay India
- Child and Youth Research and Training Programme, University of Western Cape South Africa
- Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (Codesria) Senegal
- The Children's Institute, University of Cape Town South Africa
IGO and NGO resources
- Special Rapporteur on the right to education
- Childnet International - website gives news and background to Childnet’s work and award winning projects on making the internet safe and child friendly. Read more
- UNESCO -Education for All Campaign - aiming to meet the learning needs of all children, youth and adults by 2015.
- Save the Children Education Programme
- Plan International Education Programme
- Learn without fear campaign- Plan International - Global campaign to end violence in schools
- The Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) - a global, open network of non-governmental organizations, UN agencies, donors, practitioners, researchers and individuals from affected populations working together within a humanitarian and development framework to ensure the right to education in emergencies and post-crisis reconstruction.
- World Bank - Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Education
- World Bank - Life long learning. Explores Non-formal & Informal Education, Vocational Training,Youth & ICT,Leisure Activities
- Right to Education Project The project aims to promote social mobilisation and legal accountability, focusing on human rights and education. Very rich web resource on the right to education. Web site includes information on national and international legislation.
- The Global Campaign for Education promotes education as a basic human right, and mobilizes public pressure on governments and the international community to fulfill their promises to provide free, compulsory public basic education for all people
- United Nations Cyber School Bus - Global teaching and learning project
- The Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) Minimum Standards Toolkit. A toolkit to help users to adapt the indicators and guidance notes to their local context in order to realise the INEE Minimum Standards.
- Open Society Institute - Early Childhood Program
- The Right to Education Project aims to promote social mobilisation and legal accountability, looking to focus on the legal challenges to the right to education.
- Organization of American States - Education programme
- Education for All - Global Monitoring Report 2010
- Continuity and respect for diversity: Strengthening early transitions in Peru. The Bernard van Leer Foundation, 2010.
- Reaching the marginalized State of the WORLD’S MOTHERS 2005 The Power and Promise of Girls’ Education - Save the Children (pdf file)
- Making the grade: A model national policy for the prevention, management and elimination of violence against girls in school Action Aid International and Open Society Initiatve for Southern Africa (pdf file)
- Girl power: The impact of girls’ education on HIV and sexual behaviour By James Hargreaves and Tania Boler CIDA Canadian International Development Agency and Action Aid (pdf file)
- Sustainable Strategies to End Violence Against Girls in Schools - Violence Against Women Conference Report 2006 - OSISA and Action Aid International (pdf file)
- Violence against girls at school - towards sustainable strategies Sub-regional workshop, Senegal 2007 UNIFEM and Action Aid (pdf file)
- UNESCO publication The Global Literacy Challenge: A profile of youth and adult literacy at mid-point of the United Nations literacy decade 2003-2012
- Convention against Discrimination in Education (1960)
- Right to education in emergency situations - Report of the Special Rapporteur on the right to education - Human Rights Council Eighth Session- 20th May 2008
- The right to education of persons with disabilities - Report of the Special Rapporteur on the right to education - Human Rights Council Forth Session - 19th February 2007
- Girls’ right to education - Report submitted by the Special Rapporteur on the right to education - Economic and Social Council Sixty-second Session - 8th February 2006
- Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights General Comment N.11 (on article 14 plans of action for primary education)
- Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights General Comment N.13 (on article 13 the right to education).
Published Sep 26, 2008 03:28 PM - Last modified Apr 17, 2013 04:11 PM