Children living with HIV/AIDS
- Growing up in an era of AIDS (Former Project)
- Our Key Institution The Children's Institute at the University of Cape Town has developed an HIV/AIDS Programme to promote and facilitate an appropriate policy, programme and funding response to children in the context of HIV/AIDS in South Africa.
- Global Aids Monitoring and Evaluation Team (Gamet)
- List of research reports, articles and papers on Children and HIV from the British Library for Development Studies
- What is new in research? Newsletter from OVC support
- Eldis Resource Guide on HIV/AIDS - Exploring the issues around HIV and AIDS in developing countries, including: citizenship and rights; HIV and AIDS communications, training and advocacy; Gender and HIV and AIDS; transmission, testing and counselling; treatment and care; and vulnerable groups.
Research Institutions and Networks
- The Joint Learning Initiative on Children and HIV/AIDS
- Centre for International Child Health (CICH) Australia
- UCL CENTRE FOR INTERNATIONAL HEALTH AND DEVELOPMENT (CIHD) UK
- Fundación Paniamor Costa Rica
- Caribbean Child Development Centre Consortium for Social Development and Research University of the West Indies Jamaica
- Unicef - Innocenti Research Centre Italy
- Norwegian Centre for Child Research (NOSEB) Norway
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Bombay India
- The Children's Institute, University of Cape Town South Africa
- Institute on Family and Neighborhood Life, Clemson University USA
- The Institute of Development Studies (IDS) develops international research on HIV/Aids among other subjects
IGO and NGO resources
- CRIN's Desk on the Rights of Children with HIV/AIDS
- World Health Organisation - HIV/AIDS Desk
- OVCSupport.net - A Global Hub on Children and HIV
- FXB INTERNATIONAL - Association François-Xavier Bagnoud
- Children and AIDS: Second Stocktaking Report This is the second stocktaking report since UNICEF, as part of its work as a UNAIDS cosponsoring agency, issued a Call to Action to Unite for Children, Unite against AIDS in October 2005.
- Children and AIDS: Country Fact Sheets This companion volume to Children and AIDS: Second stocktaking report presents statistical data for 157 countries and territories
- Growing Up in a time of AIDS - Children's Radio Project
- Unite for Children Unite against AIDS - Unicef Programme website includes factsheets, statistics, research, policy papers, publications and more.
- The Code of Good Practice for NGOs Responding to HIV/AIDS was developed by non-governmental organisations (NGOs), for NGOs, drawing on the knowledge and experience gained since the response to HIV began.
- Women. Children and HIV; Resources for Prevention and Treatment of HIV infection in women and children targeted at health workers, program managers, and policy makers in resource-limited settings.
- EDUCAIDS, led by UNESCO, provides support for the implementation of comprehensive national education sector responses to HIV and AIDS, and is one of three core Education for All (EFA) priorities.
- World Bank HIV/AIDS and Education
- Reports on Orphans and Other Children Made Vulnerable by AIDS. List of reports on the USAID website
- LIst of Research Reports by Save The Children
- Enhanced Protection for Children Affected by AIDS - Publication by UNICEF (with CIDA support, and endorsed by a total of 27 agencies and organizations)
- Institute of Development Studies
- Declaration of Commitment on HIV/AIDS
- 2008 Report on the global AIDS epidemic UNAIDS
- Statement on Human Rights & Universal Access to HIV Prevention, Treatment, Care & Support - UNAIDS Reference Group on HIV and Human Rights
- The Framework for the Protection, Care and Support of Orphans and Vulnerable Children Living in a World with HIV and AIDS
Published Sep. 26, 2008 11:54 AM - Last modified July 26, 2013 05:31 PM