- Independent Child Migration: Introducing Children's Perspectives, Development Research Centre on Migration and Globalisation & Poverty
- Summary update of Machel study follow-up activities, 2001-2002 Highlighting major protection issues for refugee children worldwide.
- Forced Migration Review (FMR) is a magazine published three times a year in English, Arabic, Spanish and French by the Refugee Studies Centre of the Oxford Department of International Development, University of Oxford. FMR is available free of charge in print and online.
- Child Migrants with and without Parents: Census-Based Estimates of Scale and Characteristics in Argentina, Chile and South Africa, Discussion paper by UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre
- Refugee Survey Quarterly: Special Issue on Children at Risk, Vol. 27, No. 4, 2008
Research Institutions and Networks
- Refugee Education Initiative, an online forum linking like-minded people from around the world to discuss issues of forced migration, displacement, education and conflict.
- Development Research Centre on Migration, Globalization and Poverty hosted by the University of Sussex, brings together a multidisciplinary team of researchers from Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
- Child Migration Research Network - a network of researchers with a focus on children and young people in developing countries
- NOVA - Norwegian Social Research Norway
- Myers-Joint-Brookdale Institute Israel
- Research Program on Infancy and Childhood, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana Mexico
- Fundación Paniamor Costa Rica
- CINDE, The International Center for Education and Human Development Colombia
- Children's Research Centre, Trinity College Ireland
- Norwegian Centre for Child Research (NOSEB) Norway
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Bombay India
- Institute on Family and Neighborhood Life, Clemson University USA
IGO and NGO resources
- Through the eyes of a child: refugee children speak about violence: A report on participatory assessments carried out with refugee and returnee children in Southern Africa, 2005-2007.
- Forced Migration Online
- Internally Displaced Monitoring Center, webpage on children including resources such as training and tools, legal documents, policy and studies, related links.
- Women’s Commission for Refugee Women and Children
- Separated Children in Europe Programme
- www.ninemillion.org - a UNHCR Education and Sports Campaign
- UNHCR - Web site on refugee children
- 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees
- 1967 Protocol relating to the Status of Refugees
- 1989 Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), and its Optional Protocols on the Involvement of Children in Armed Conflict and on the Sale of Children, Child Prostitution and Child Pornography
- 1993 UNHCR Policy on Refugee Children
- Refugee Children: Guidlines on Protection and Care - UNHCR
- Summary Note UNHCR's Strategy and Activities concerning Refugee Children
- Summary of UNHCR's Executive Committee Conclusion on Children at Risk No. 107 (LVIII) - 2007
UNHCR Guidelines on Determining the Best Interests of the Child May 2008 [pdf, 2.25Mb]
Published Sep. 26, 2008 3:11 PM - Last modified Apr. 17, 2013 4:14 PM