Italy: Unicef - Innocenti Research Centre
Undertakes and promotes policy analysis and research into all aspects of children's rights and well-being; provides a forum for international professional exchanges; advocates and disseminates ideas and results of research; the Centre contributes to the intellectual leadership of UNICEF and supports organization-wide policies and actions for the implementation of the Millennium Development Agenda and achievement of the Millennium Development Goals.
Examples of Research Projects:
The nature of IRC research has to be about children.
- Understanding and addressing child poverty
- Implementation of international standards on children's rights
- Child trafficking and children and migration
- Children transitional justice and affected by war
- Promoting the abandonment of harmful practices (behavioural change)
Piazza SS. Annunziata 12
50122 Florence - Italy
Tel. +39 055 20 330
Director, Office of Research: Gordon Alexander
Email: florence (at) unicef.org