Australia: Centre for Children & Young People, Southern Cross University
The CCYP promotes the status of children and young people in research, policy and practice. It brings together four important strands: an interdisciplinary approach; a focus on research, education and advocacy for children and young people; an emphasis on cross-sectoral partnerships to promote evidence-based policy and practice and the inclusion and participation of children and young people.
Centre for Children & Young People, Southern Cross University
Example of research projects:
- The Changing Landscape of Family Law: Exploring the Promises and Possibilities for Children's Participation in Australian Family Relationship Centres
- Development of a Metacognitive Approach to Support Teacher Learning in Information and Communication Technology in a Whole-School Context
- A Longitudinal Study of the Factors Influencing the Religious and Spiritual Lives of Young People in Parish Secondary Schools within the Diocese of Lismore
- Children's Perspectives on Citizenship and Nation Building
- Rural Childhoods - Issues for Children in Remote Australia (the last two in collaboration with other Childwatch International partners).
- Ethical Research Involving Children – see www.childethics.com
Southern Cross University
PO Box 157 Lismore
Tel: 02 6620 3605
Main Contact: Associate Professor Anne Graham
E-mail: agraham [at] scu.edu.au