Social justice and democratization. The Second ISA Forum of Sociology
The ISA Forum will be organised in Buenos Aires, Argentina August 1-4, 2012. The Forum will provide an array of opportunities for a global dialogue about transformative change.
Online abstract submission from August 25 to December 15, 2011.
• The most important objective of the Forum is to provide a meeting place for the various Research Committees, Working Groups, and Thematic Groups. Organizers will be provided as much flexibility as possible in designing their respective programs within the scheduled time slots.
• The second objective is to develop a socially significant theme involving public actors and to which different areas of sociology can contribute. Social Justice and Democratization, the selected theme for the 2012 Forum, offers RCs, WGs and TGs the opportunity to learn from public actors as well as contributing to the Forum's main theme.
• The third objective is to hold the interim Research Council Business Meeting attended by the Delegates from all Research Committees
• On-line abstract submission from August 25 to December 15, 2011.
• All Forum participants (presenters, chairs, discussants, etc.) need to pay the early registration fee by April 10, 2012, in order to be included in the programme. If not registered, their names will not appear in the Programme or Abstracts Book.
• On-line registration will open August 25, 2011.