The Young Sexualities Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Conference
An exciting opportunity to share emerging research, promote interdisciplinary awareness, discussion, and collaboration, and connect with other postgraduates studying gender and sexuality in youth and childhood.
Cardiff University, 25th January, 2013
Cardiff University is privileged to be hosting Diederik Janssen from the Netherlands as keynote speaker. Editor of TYMOS: Journal of Boyhood Studies and Culture, Society and Masculinities, Janssen’s prolific publications record focuses primarily on young male sexualities whilst also offering extensive comment on the development of queer theoretical approaches and issues surrounding sexual health and the role of the sexual in developmental psychology. His CV is available here.
The conference will be of interest to postgraduate researchers from a range of disciplines including the sciences, arts, and social sciences. Potential topics for discussion include, but are not limited to:
- Youth sexual heath and sex education
- The ‘pornification’ / ‘sexualisation’ of culture and its relation to childhood
- Neuroscientific and developmental approaches to debates surrounding gender and sexuality
- Young LGBTQ identities and communities
- The history and pathologisation of childhood sexuality
- International / UK policy and practice concerning relevant issues
- Philosophical and theoretical debates concerning power and desire in youth and childhood
Attendance is free for Cardiff University students and £10 for external attendees. Booking will open in September 2012 at youngsexualities.org. Please note that the deadline for the call for papers has now passed.
Queries or further information requests should be made to email@example.com