7th International Conference on Children's Health and the Environment.
This conference - the seventh after Amsterdam (1998), Washington (2001), London (2004), Vienna (2007), Bangalore (2010) and Poland (2011) offers a world-wide platform dealing with health problems of children caused by important environmental influences.The conference will take place on 20-22 November, 2013 in Jerusalem, Israel. Abstract deadline: 1 August 2013.
• Provide an international forum for the latest research findings in children’s environmental health;
• Define the relationship between environmental contaminants and children's health;
• Strengthen the importance of prenatal exposure to environmental factors on pregnancy outcome
• Identify opportunities to minimize childhood prenatal / postnatal exposure to environmental contaminants;
• Provide insight in the activities in the field of science and policy interface;
• Build a platform of knowledge at an international level;
• Develop a greater awareness among health professionals about children's health, environment and safety;
• Initiate future directions in research in the field of children's environmental health
Peter van den Hazel, the Netherlands (INCHES President)
Yona Amitai, Israel (Chair)
Mati Berkovitch, Israel
Stephan Boese-O’Reilly, Germany
Nadav Davidovich, Israel
Wojciech Hanke, Poland
Giuseppe Mele, Italy
Elizabeth Cherian Paramesh, India
Hagit Ulanovsky, Israel
Ruth Etzel, USA (chair)
Martha Berger, USA
Tamar Berman, Israel
Marie-Noel Bruné, WHO
Brenda Eskenazi, USA
Marike Kolossa-Gehring, Germany
Eran Kozer, Israel
Anthony Luder, Israel
Jerome A. Paulson, USA
Who should attend?
This cross-sectional conference is intended for health professionals, scientists and policy makers who have a special interest in children's environmental health, as well as leaders from the private sector, non-governmental organizations and community organizations, and all levels of government.
The conference will take place on 20-22 November, 2013 in Jerusalem, Israel.
The Conference will take place at the Dan Panorama Hotel, Jerusalem.
The Dan Panorama Hotel, Jerusalem www.danhotels.com/JerusalemHotels/DanPanoramaJerusalemHotel
Prima Royale Hotel, Jerusalem www.prima-hotels-israel.com/prima-hotels/jerusalem-hotels
Language The official language of the conference is English.
International Network on Children's Health Environment and Safety (INCHES)
Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
In collaboration with
Israeli Institutions: The Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Environmental Protection.
Call for Abstracts
• Children's health, environment and policies
• Exposure assessment studies
• Epidemiological longitudinal studies (birth cohort studies)
• Health effects due to climate change
• Water related problems
• Heavy metals
• Air pollution
• Childhood-based cancer causes
• Neurodevelopmental effects of environmental factors
• Endocrine disruptors
• Sustainable development and children's health
• Risk management and risk communication
• Injury and injury prevention
International: WHO, European Environmental Agency, PAIDOSS (the Italian National Observatory on the Health of Children and Adolescence), US-EPA