5th Conference of the International Society for Child Indicators (ISCI)
ISCI 2015 Conference "From Welfare to Well-being: Child indicators in research, policy and practice" is hosted by Childwatch member the Children´s Institute, University of Capetown, in partnership with the African Child Policy Forum, UNICEF and the Poverty and Inequality Initiative. Abstracts must be between 300 and 500 words. Deadline for abstracts 31 March 2015.
Conference will be held on September 2-4, 2015,at the University of Cape Town, South Africa.Researchers, practitioners, policy makers and child advocates from across the world will gather for three days to share and discuss the latest child indicator research methods, findings and implications for policy and interventions.
Call for abstracts are now open, see below.
Themed sessions will be organized on substantive and methodological topics including the following:
- Children’s subjective well-being
- Early childhood development
- Youth transitions to adulthood
- Child-focused indicators of social change
- Measurement of child poverty and inequality
- Child protection and violence against children
- Making sense of household form and care arrangements
- Combining qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- New information technologies and alternatives to traditional surveys
- The use of administrative data in child indicator work
- The power of surveillance site and longitudinal panel data
- Conceptualising and communicating child indicator research to influence policy
- Lessons learnt in establishing indicator projects
See here Call for Abstracts