Bridging research policy and practice
Research Institutions and Networks
- Eldis - Development policy practice and research organisation. Browse more than 24,000 summarised documents from over 4,500 development organisations - all available free to download. Share work with over 80,000 development practitioners.
- Research in Practice; Supporting evidence- informed practice with Children and Families UK Even though the network is based in the UK the research they provide is useful worldwide
- Keele Making Research Count - A UK collaborative research dissemination initiative, currently run by regional centres based in the universities of Bedfordshire, Brighton, East Anglia, Keele, Nottingham, King's College London, Salford, Warwick with Coventry, York and The Open University. Knowledge-based practice in social work, social care and their interface with health and education across services for both Children and Adults.
- The Children's Rights Knowledge Centre, Belgium which has renewed its website www.keki.be, so as to better focus its role as a bridge between researchers, policy makers and practitioners in children’s rights. In addition, for the same purpose, it is working in a study linking knowledge management and children’s rights for a critical children’s rights research agenda beyond 25 years CRC. More information will be published here: http://www.keki.be/en/thematic-research/bridging-gaps.
- Interdisciplinary Centre for Child and Youth Focused Research - Brunel University, West London
- Policy Hub, National School of Government, UK (Archived content)
- ODI Research and Policy in Development
- Danish Development Research Network
- Information and Knowledge Management and International Development
- Human Development and Capability Association: An association that promotes research from many disciplines on problems related to impoverishment, justice, and well-being. HDCA members live in over 70 countries; this website is our primary space for interactions.
- The Closing the Gap Clearinghouse, A clearinghouse for evidence-based research on overcoming disadvantage for Indigenous Australians. The Clearinghouse provides access to a collection of information on what works to overcome Indigenous disadvantage.
- The Children's Research Network for Ireland and Northern Ireland The network aims to support the research community in Ireland and Northern Ireland to better understand and improve the lives of children and young people, by creating and maintaining an inclusive, independent, non-profit network through which information, knowledge, experience, learning and skills can be shared.
Other Research Resources:
- EPIC - European Platform for Investing in Children is an evidence-based online platform which was launched in 2013. EPIC is managed by the European Commission and aims to provide information about policies, practices and programmes that can help children and their families face up to the challenges that exist in the current economic climate in Europe.
- International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth-One Pagers: International Policy Center for Inclusive Growth (IPC-IG) presents a series of One Pagers (OPs) aimed at stimulating public policy debates on key inclusive development issues
- id21 Communicating Development Research - Online Journal hosted by the Institute of Development Studies - University of Sussex UK
- ODI on Advancing Knowledge, Shaping Policies, Inspiring Practice
IGO and NGO resources
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Dissabilities - USA
- UNICEF Policy Advocacy and Partnership for Children's Rights - By analysing economic, social and legal policies, UNICEF makes an effort to better understand the circumstances and forces that affect the well-being of children and women around the world.
- "Socio-Economic Policies for Child Rights with Equity". Online training course
Published Apr. 26, 2013 11:08 AM - Last modified Nov. 4, 2015 5:12 PM