- Assessment tools based upon the Human Development Model - Disability Creation Process (HDM-DCP) from the INDCP
- Participation and Environment Measure for Children and Youth, (PEM- CY) - measurement tool designed to help parents, service providers and researchers better understand the participation of children and youth. From CanChild - McMaster University
- Journal of Human Development, Disability, and Social Change - This bilingual journal focuses on the development and diffusion of knowledge about personal and environmental determinants of the social participation of people with disabilities.
- Newsletter from La Sierra Madre: Newsletter of Health Wrights. This newsletter comes out 2 to 3 times a year. It contains essays and observations on community based health and disability initiatives in Mexico and many parts of the world. It also includes "situational analyses" and discussions concerning the politics of health at the micro and macro levels. Many of the groundbreaking articles that first appear in this newsletter are picked up and republished in other magazines and journals.
- Disability Studies: University of Washington
- Research Project: Issues in Research with Children with Disabilities The Children's Research Center, Trinity College Dublin.
Research Institutions and Networks
- The International Network on the Disability Creation Process (INDCP) is an international organization based in Quebec, which focuses on advancing the equality rights of people with disabilities by developing and disseminating knowledge in order to contribute to an inclusive society.
- CANCHILD: Centre for Childhood Disability Research
- Center on Human Policy, Law and Disability Studies Syracuse University
- Centre on Disability Studies, University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Research Program on Infancy and Childhood, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana Mexico
- The International Center for Research and Policy on Childhood (CIESPI) Brazil
- Caribbean Child Development Centre Consortium for Social Development and Research University of the West Indies Jamaica
- Unicef - Innocenti Research Centre Italy
- Children's Research Centre, Trinity College Ireland
- Department of Social Work - Charles University Prague Czech Republic
- Centre for Family Research, University of Cambridge, UK England
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Bombay India
- The Children's Institute, University of Cape Town South Africa
IGO and NGO resources
- United Nations Enable
- UNESCO's page on Inclusive Education: Children with Disabilities: This page includes links to guidelines, tools and resources.
- Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Bernardo's, UK
- CRIN's Desk on the rights of children with disabilities
- Health Wrights: Workgroup for People's Health and Rights
- Dutch Coalition on Disability and Development
- Rehabilitation International: Advancing the Rights and Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities Worldwide
- Disabled People's International
- World report on disability - 2011
- State of the World's Children 2013: Children with Disabilities: The report examines the barriers – from inaccessible buildings to dismissive attitudes, from invisibility in official statistics to vicious discrimination – that deprive children with disabilities of their rights and keep them from participating fully in society.
- Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (2007)
- Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and its Optional Protocol
- Ad Hoc Committee on a Comprehensive and Integral International Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Rights and Dignity of Persons with Disabilities