- Global Child Development Group: The mission of the Global Child Development Group is to use scientific evidence to promote optimal child development, with a focus on children under age 5, in low and middle income countries. We have a particular emphasis on children's social, cognitive, emotional, behavioural and motor development.
- Early Childhood Development Virtual University is an innovative and multi-faceted approach to addressing Early Childhood Development (ECD) leadership needs in the Majority World.
- Contemporary Issues on Early Childhood
- UNESCO Policy Brief on Early Childhood
- Encyclopedia on Early Childhood Development is developed for policy-makers, planners and service-providers. This compilation of papers from leading experts covers 33 topics related to the social and emotional development of young children, from conception to age five, and addresses three perspectives: development, services and policies.
- Australasian Journal of Early Childhood (AJEC). Published quarterly, AJEC offers research-based articles. Even though a subscription fee is required, many articles from recent issues are available as sample. Click here for list of articles.
- International Journal of Early Childhood. A reviewed journal published by Springer and OMEP - The World Organization for Early Childhood Education.
- List of Journals & Bulletins on Early Childhood
- Briefs from the Harvard Center for the Developing Child
- Reports and Working Papers from the Harvard Center for the Developing Child
- MA Early Childhood Studies (International Masters Programme) University of Plymouth, UK
Research Institutions and Networks
- Center on the Developing Child, Harvard University The Center has launched its own YouTube channel. The videos are produced to provide concise summaries of recent scientific publications and expert presentations from the Center. Link to the You Tube Channel
- The Institute for Early Childhood Education and Research, Faculty of Education, University of British Columbia. The site gives online resources include research publications, events and links.
- The Consultative Group on Early Childhood Care and Development (CGECCD)
- UNA - a global, inter-disciplinary network of leading researchers and practitioners committed to reducing racial and ethnic divisions and building socially inclusive communities through the promotion of effective early childhood programs.
- The Asia-Pacific Regional Network for Early Childhood (ARNEC)
- Centre for Children & Young People, Southern Cross University
- Children's Issues Centre, University of Otago, New Zealand
- Advancing the ECCD Agenda in the Arab Region
- Myers-Joint-Brookdale Institute, Israel
- Research Program on Infancy and Childhood, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, Mexico
- CINDE, The International Center for Education and Human Development, Colombia
- Caribbean Child Development Centre Consortium for Social Development and Research, University of the West Indies, Jamaica
- Unicef - Innocenti Research Centre, Italy
- Children's Research Centre, Trinity College, Ireland
- Norwegian Centre for Child Research (NOSEB), Norway
- Department of Social Work - Charles University Prague, Czech Republic
- Centre for Family Research, University of Cambridge, England
- The Children's Institute, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Institute on Family and Neighborhood Life, Clemson University, USA
IGO and NGO resources
- Bernard Van Leer Foundation
- Consultative Group on Early Childhood Care and Development
- Centre of Excellence for Early Childhood Development
- Early Years - the organisation for young children
- The World Forum Foundation.The mission of the World Forum Foundation is to promote an on-going global exchange of ideas on the delivery of quality services for young children in diverse settings.
- Unicef- Early Childhood Programme. Webpage includes reports, publications,statistics, links and news.
- The World Bank - Early Childhood Development. Includes data and statistics, publications and reports as well as designs for ECD programming, information on regional activities, and useful links.
- The International Step By Step Association (ISSA) is a non-governmental membership organization, which unites individuals and organizations into a powerful network to foster democratic principles and promote parent and community involvement in early childhood education primarily in Eastern Europe.
- OMEP World Organization for Early Childhood Education. An international, non-governmental and non-profit organisation concerned with all aspects of early childhood education and care (ECEC) which promotes study, research and knowledge production and dissemination.
- Sistema de información sobre la Primera Infancia en América Latina. El SIPI sistematiza la información sobre las acciones orientadas al cumplimiento de los derechos de la primera infancia en América Latina, y da cuenta del grado de cumplimiento de estos derechos. El sistema ofrece datos actualizados de la normativa y las políticas en los países de América Latina y provee indicadores estadísticos
Published Sep. 26, 2008 3:29 PM - Last modified Aug. 6, 2013 12:14 PM