Media and Technology
- The influence of information and communication audio-visual technologies (ICATs) on children's and adolescents' life and cultures - and on the relationship between adults and young people
Other research resources:
- Young Digital is a resource for anyone with an interest in using digital media for research, consultation or participation activities with children and young people, developed in 2012 by The University of Edinburgh.
- Media Literacy Education. Nordic Perspectives, 2010
- Children and Youth in the Digital Media Culture. From a Nordic Horizon. The Clearinghouse on Children Youth and Media, yearbook 2010
- Through children’s eyes: The Children’s Media Monitoring Project, 2006
Research Institutions and Networks:
- The Center on Media and Child Health is an interdisciplinary research center based at Children's Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, and Harvard School of Public Health.
- NORDICOM - The International Clearinghouse on Children, youth and Media based at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden. Publishes research and collects recent developments in Yearbook.
- Cyber-psychology Research Centre - The Royal College of Surgeons Ireland - Focuses on key areas: child safety online, cyberbullying and human trafficking.
- Norwegian Centre for Child Research (NOSEB) Norway
- The Catalan Interdisciplinary Research Network on Children's Rights and Children's Quality of Life (X.C.I.I.I.) Spain
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Bombay India
- The Children's Institute, University of Cape Town South Africa
IGO and NGO Resources:
- Childnet International
- Press Wise
- Children and the Media Factsheet Produced by the Australian Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian
- A Resource kit for journalists, the Children’s Media Monitoring Project, 2007
- How to report on children in crises, Mike Jempson, MediaWise Trust, July 2006
- The Media and Children's Rights A resource for journalists by journalists Devised for UNICEF by MediaWise (c) MediaWise & UNICEF 1999, 2005, 2010
- The Oslo Challenge, Laid down at a meeting organised by the Norwegian government and UNICEF on 20 November, 1999
- International Federation of Journalists Guidelines and Principles for Reporting on Issues Involving Children, May 2nd, 1998
- International Federation of Journalists, Putting children in the Right: Guidelines for Journalists and Media Professionals, January 2002
Published Oct. 7, 2008 2:17 PM - Last modified Oct. 15, 2013 12:54 PM