- Children Count – Abantwana Babalulekile is a project aimed at monitoring the situation of children in South Africa by developing, presenting and tracking child-centered statistics to a wide range of audiences. These statistics and commentary on their meaning, as well as their data sources, are available online at childrencount.ci.org.za
- South African Child Gauge Three publications by the Children's Institute in South Africa on monitoring and reporting on the situation of children in South Africa and progress in realising their rights. Resource for government decision-makers and civil society practitioners in the field of child policy
- Report: Benchmarking Progress in Adopting and Implementing Rights-Based Approaches by Gerison Lansdown, Save the Children UK
- Monitoring Children's Rights Course - The Monitoring Children's Rights distance learning course is offered by Human Rights Education Associates and is a basic introduction to measuring and monitoring the status of children, including basic health and welfare, education, civil rights and freedoms, and special protection measures.
- Child Indicators Research: The official journal of the International Society for Child Indicators (ISCI) ed. Asher ben-Arieh and Bong Joo Lee
- Children's Well-Being: Indicators and Research A series by Springer Publications aiming to explore how child indicators can be used to improve the development and the well being of children.
Research Networks and Institutions:
- International Society for Child Indicators
- Child Protection Monitoring and Evaluation Reference Group (CP-MERG)
NGO and IGO Resources:
- Childinfo - Monitoring the situation of children and women - by assisting countries in collecting and analyzing data, helping to develop methodologies and indicators, maintaining global databases, disseminating and publishing data.
- The Child Development Index - Save the Children UK
- Download the full report The Child Development Index: Holding governments to account for children's wellbeing (PDF 228KB). Save the Children
- PRIE Project - Regional Education Indicators Project - Organization of American States
- Millenium Development Goals Indicators: The Official United Nations site for the MDG Indicators
The African Report on Child Wellbeing 2008: How child-friendly are African governments? reviews and compares the performance of 52 African governments using a common set of indicators and an innovative Child-friendliness Index. Statistical Annexes provide detailed data on the wellbeing of children in Africa . The report was developed and launched by The African Child Policy Forum in November 2008
The African Report on Child Wellbeing 2011: Budgeting for Children. This report is a sequel to The African Report on Child Wellbeing 2008. It updates many of the issues discussed therein and monitors the degree of progress made; but at the same time it singles out budgeting for children.